If there is only one day you want your makeup to look absolutely perfect, it’s most likely your wedding day.Pictures of your big day are going to be with you forever. When it comes to wedding day makeup, we like to keep it effortless and simple, letting your natural beauty shine through. Complete with natural eye makeup and a flawless finish, this natural bridal makeup look will have you glowing on your wedding day.
Our top tips for flawless bridal makeupWedding days are often long and leave little time for makeup retouches. You’ll want your bridal makeup to stay put through the entire ceremony, the photographs and hopefully right through to the dance floor. So your makeup needs the kind of careful application that your everyday regular makeup simply doesn’t. Here are some tips you can use to perfect your wedding day makeup:
1. Prep your skin ahead of timeLong-lasting, flawless makeup starts with healthy skin. So getting your dream bridal makeup look is all in the preparation. Using our natural and organic skincare range will help you on the journey to perfect skin. Try starting with the absolute basics by following our skinimalism beauty routine.
2. Practice makes perfectNo matter how makeup-savvy you may be, you will want to have a few practice runs beforehand. The last thing you want to do is try out your wedding makeup for the first time, on the morning of your big day. Make sure you plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time to figure out what makeup works best to enhance your features.
3. Find a calm and quiet spaceWedding days can feel stressful, especially in the build-up to the ceremony. Getting ready with the rest of your bridal party can seem like a lovely idea but can also feel quite hectic. On your big day, make sure you have some privacy to relax and put on your makeup in a quiet, peaceful space.
4. Foundation is keyYour foundation will act as the base for all your other makeup so finding the right shade and finish is really important. If you can, head into your local INIKA Organic stockist, where you can select your perfect shade in store. The key to a flawless finish is matching the foundation colour to the skin on your neck, rather than the rest of your face so that it blends seamlessly. Again, practice makes perfect, so make sure you try on your wedding foundation beforehand to make sure you’ve selected the proper shade and finish for your skin!
We’ve pulled together some of our favourite products to help you create a beautiful, romantic and natural bridal look for your big day.
Our natural wedding makeup guide
1. Hydrate and prime your skinStart by hydrating and priming your skin for a flawless, matte base using our Matte Perfection Primer. Add 2 to 3 pumps onto your palm and using your middle finger, dabbing onto your forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. Select a sponge or makeup brush and spread your primer evenly onto your face. Allow it to sit for at least 30 seconds before moving onto your foundation!
2. Build a solid foundationFor flawless, buildable coverage and chemical-free SPF protection, our Loose Mineral Foundation is the ultimate wedding day foundation. Tap a small amount of foundation into the lid, then using a Powder Brush to dab into the powder and begin applying. Use small circular motions to gently blend the foundation into your skin, making sure you fully blend around your jawline, hairline and ears for an even, flawless finish.
3. Conceal your way to perfect skinUse the creamy formula of our Full Coverage Concealer to carefully conceal any blemishes, dark circles or dullness on your skin. Use a Blending Brush or the warmth of your fingertips to naturally blend with your foundation.
4. Create a soft, natural contourCreate a naturally contoured complexion for your special day, with our Baked Contour Duo. Dust the contour powder along the hollows of the cheek and the sides of the nose, under the chin and neck and under the tip of the nose. And use the champagne powder as a natural highlighter. Apply to the high planes of the face: down the centre of the nose, on the brow bones, cheekbones and bow of lips.
5. Add length and volume to your lashesFlirty lashes are the highlight of any romantic makeup look. Use our Curvy Lash Mascara to add volume. With a plant-based, smudge-proof formula, it works to lift, lengthen and separate each lash, while giving it an intense colour. To apply, wiggle the wand at the roots of the lashes, through to the tip for full coverage that can go the distance.
6. Finish with a pop of colourThe finishing touch of your natural bridal makeup is adding a simple pop of colour. Our Lipstick Crayon in Chili Red does just that, while keeping your lips nourished all day, enriched with Certified Organic Coconut Oil and Vitamin E for soft, conditioned lips. For the best application, draw an outline around the shape of your lips before directly filling in the rest of your lips with rich, pigmented colour.
The best thing you can do to achieve the perfect bridal look is to nourish your skin with natural ingredients. INIKA’s skin-loving makeup and skincare will prep your skin for the big day and give you bright, glowing skin from the moment you walk down the aisle right until the band stops playing. We’ve even put together the ultimate wedding prep skincare guide to help get your skin glowing for the big day.